Search This Blog

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Interview scholarship Petronas 2014

I went to Petronas Youngstars Day 2014 on 14 April, Monday at Bangunan UTM Space, Jalan Tun Razak. Near Ampang gak ah. It was my first time attending an interview. I was nervous as a mouse was scared of a cat. I did some research on the internet for preparation a night before the iv. And I gotta postpone my BIO exam. Why? Interview time aku tengah final exam memang ler kena postpone. My lecturer couldn't be contacted so Mien's lecturer said we could postpone it on Friday. Phew.

Ok so, some of my fellas got the same place and same day as me. Mien, Muhaimin, Harraz, Afiff and Cijan but Harraz got the interview session during morning. Our first session (except for Harraz) was test session. 

Oh yeah I got number 2 group Blue.

The first test was about Physics, Chemistry, Add Math. Yeah it combined those subjects as one. It were not so easy, just average I guess. I answered well coz most of the questions were all bout the SPM syllabus. Don't worry. It was all objective questions. Then, the second test was Critical Thinking Skill / IQ test something. And the time provided was 30 min!!!!!! Like seriously!!!! 40 questions and you gotta answered within the period. Haaa! Ni memang macam tuuuttttt. There were diagrams sequence and you gotta figure out the next diagram, what would it be. Just liddis. But I guess I answered it well.

Something like this.

Then, we had lunch and break. and interview session started around 2 p.m. Each interview group consisted of 5 members. I got candidate C in my group. The case study given was about ADVERTISEMENT. I couldn't remember well my title but it had something to do with advertisement affects people and how should government prevent advertisement from affecting people's mind and life. Something liddis.

First, they gave 30 min to prepare whatever points you gotta present for individual presentation and group discussion. The time given for individual interview was 10 min and for group discussion was 20 min. Like seriously, lama gila kot masa dia bagi. MUET pun tk selama macam ni .___. I was afraid if I could not present well but tawakal jelah.

Then, after my group members had done their individual session, it was my turn. Pergh. The panels attacked me by questioning my points and and gave situation related to my given points. I was speechless, I couldn't answer him back. Damnit, I know he was just testing me if I had confidence in myself or not.

After the individual session done, we had group discussion. It was seriously just like MUET but this one was quite hambar...... and I didn't speak so much so........ nvm. I let the two chindians spoke and I just agreed to everything they said. Then, habis.

Long story short, I did bad. And I didn't get the Petronas scholarship either. According to my cousin, I got 2.5 out of 3.0. To get the oversea scholar, you must get 3.0 full mark and to get into UTP, you must get at least 2.5 but since I didn't apply for local, I didn't get Petronas. Nvm, maybe not my fortune.

So, next time if you have interview session. Be confident! Speak up whatever in your mind. Don't let your mouth locked like there's a gold in your mouth. Yeah, reminder to myself as well.